Step out from Aiyana and enjoy the attractions of Denmark
Take your pick- bushwalking, swimming, whale watching, surfing, windsurfing, kitesurfing, fishing and boating are all just minutes away. Choose to swim in the sheltered water of Greens Pool or surf at one of Australia’s best surfing beaches, Ocean Beach or Lights Beach (Surfing lessons are available on request).
We are also only forty-five minutes drive from Albany where you can visit Albany’s old whaling station, now known as Whale World, a very popular museum and display, the Gap (with its famous hanging bridge), as well as the Albany Wind Farm.
Denmark itself boasts some of the most spectacular sections of the Bibbulmun Track. The walk over Mt Hallowell (3 – 4 hours) via Monkey Rock Lookout will rewards you with breathtaking views. With so many varied walking trails around Denmark, you are bound to find something suitable for every age.
Other local attractions
- A wide variety of local Wineries and restaurants
- The Parrot Jungle where you can handle exotic birds and snakes
- Pentland Alpaca Stud and Animal Farm – perfect for kids
- Bartholomews Meadery and Ice creamery – watch the bees at work
- Canoes, boats and paddleboats which can be hired on the Denmark River
- Fishing in the Ocean and Wilson Inlet
- Bird watching – spot Denmark’s famous Blue Wren, one of 160 species of bird in the region
- Play the scenic 18-hole golf course at Denmark, where grey kangaroos lounge around watching you play
- Numerous local art and craft studios, including ceramics, woodturning, oil painting, pottery and much much more